Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 14, 2021

 Tuesday December 14, 2021

Blog time 1212 at Panera

Up at 0700.  It was cold, 27, but no wind so decided to take my bike to Y.  Nancy headed out at 0800 for a class at MVP.

Without a wind the bike ride to Y was pleasant.  Every day I see more folks at Y.  Finished routine and headed to Panera.

Just got seated at Panera when Nancy walked in for her morning coffee.  We sat and talked.  We agreed that as soon as I get home we will head to Costco.  Surprise, today it did not happen. My schedule got mixed up.

At home I showered and shaved.  Late lunch today, 1400.

Ran several errands including bank and Starbucks.

TODAY IN RH SCOTT’S HISTORY.  On December 14, 1962 US Navy Ensign Scott boarded the log flight from Midway Island NAS to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.  I had ended my tour on Midway.  It lasted one year two weeks three days and thirteen hours.  I was going home for Christmas. I was one happy sailor.

It was 72 when I left Midway.  When I arrived in Alpena it was -17, but who cares.  Mother was not to happy when I told her my next assignment was Saigon.

Tonight for dinner I had a bowl of Cheerios with red raspberries. It was very good.

Tonight we watched an episode of “Shetland”.  As I have mentioned several times I like this show.  

Missy FaceTimed this evening.  It is cold and rainy in Ca.  GR was warmer today.

Checked Courtyard before bed.  Rain and mild temps overnight.


No comments: