Saturday, December 18, 2021

December 17, 2021

 Friday December 17, 2021

Blog time 1200 at Panera

Sure glad it is Friday.  Had trouble getting motivated this morning.

Nancy headed out at 0800 for her swim at MVP.  She is more motivated than I am.

At home calisthenics before oatmeal w/banana breakfast.  It was sunny 27 and not much wind at 0800.  However, I did not take my bike.  Five years ago I would have taken the bike.  The times have changed.

The parking lot at the Y was crowded this morning.  Talked to a manager and he said attendance is increasing but they are still at 60% of pre covid membership.  Showered and then drove to Panera.

Purchased coffee and baguette to consume while I check the local papers and my email.  Left for home at noon.

After lunch spent time putting up Christmas lights on our rear deck railing.  I checked the two strings of lights we had from last year but could not get them to work.  

I made a quick trip to  ACE Hardware and bought two stings of lights.  Each string is 16 feet long so I thought I had enough for our 36 foot rail.  Not to be! Needed another string. Returned to ACE and got another string.  The lights were easy to string.  Done in 30 minutes.

For dinner tonight we headed to Culver’s.  Nancy was not hungry so I just got a Cod sandwich via the Drive Thru.  At home I ate my sandwich and some chips.  Cookies for dessert.

We watched some news before switching to Acorn.  Tonight we watched a new Australian show called “Small Claims”.  We both liked it.  

Veronica called Nancy today.  She gave Nancy an update on what is happening in Long Beach.  

It was 32 when checked the Courtyard before bed.  Everything ok.

 



No comments: