Friday, December 24, 2021

December 23, 2021

 Thursday December 23, 2021

Blog time 1200 at Panera.

Up at 0700.  Did at home calisthenics before breakfast of oatmeal and banana.  Nancy headed out at 0815 for a class at MVP.

It was 25 with light snow this morning.  I drove to Panera.  The Y was not crowded.  

Calisthenics, 1.2K row and mile walk before shower.  Drove to Panera for coffee and baguette.  

The Coronavirus still dominates the news.  I only know one family that has not been vaccinated.  I really don’t know why and I would be afraid to ask?

The Alpena News stated this morning that this year the area will not have a white Christmas.  This happens about 20% of the time.  

In my youth I cannot recall a Christmas without snow.  I remember always being able to skate outside during the holidays.

One year my sister Helen and I decided to drive to a piece of property we owned on Lake Huron and cut a Christmas tree.  We spent a lot of time looking over the trees.  We finally found one that looked perfect.  Cut it down, jammed in car and drove home.  

I trimmed the butt end and installed the tree in the stand.  When we put the tree up in the living room it was a very sick looking tree.  It was lopsided and not very bushy.  However, we decorated it and decided it looked fine.  We liked the tree because we had muscle in the game.

This morning after Panera I drove to Meijer’s for a last minute purchase.  A lot of folks had the same idea.  The store was jammed.

For dinner tonight we drove to “Shepard’s Grill”.  I had the Lake Perch sandwich and Nancy had a hot dog and bowl of soup.

On the drive home we encountered a deer eating along side the road.  First deer sighting in over a week.

Tonight we watched an episode of “Death in Paradise”.  

When I checked the Courtyard tonight I encountered a skunk right outside the gate. I gave it a wide berth. 

Temperature will stay above freezing tonight.  


No comments: