Friday, April 23, 2021

April 22, 2021

 Thursday April 22, 2021

Blog time 1045 sitting in Lake Eastbrook Panera.

Got up at 0630.  Today I have a 0830 Dentist appointment.

Nancy headed out to MVP for her Thursday swim at MVP.  

Another cold morning.  Temperature was 26.  I sure hope this cold snap has not damaged the fruit crop.  I think today will be our last day with temps below freezing until September.

Today is Earth Day.  It is also my 83rd birthday.

I arrived at the Dentist on time and the staff was waiting for me.

My reason for the appointment was that I thought I had an infection near one of the implants anchors. The dentist removed the implant (total upper).  Inspected the area, took X-rays and cleaned the plate and inserts.

The bottom line, they could not find anything wrong.  As a precaution I will take some antibiotics.

Stopped at Panera.  Got coffee and a bagel.  I also was given a birthday croissant.  Looked out the window and it was snowing.

Read email and finished yesterday’s blog. 

Kim is cleaning today.  So in keeping with past cleaning days I will pick up Nancy and we will take a ride through rural Mi.

On today’s drive Nancy and I headed NE.  Sites we saw today were:

The community of Grattan and the Grattan Irish Pub, Grattan Speedway.

Drove through City of Belding and then headed east to M66.

Headed south on M66 through the City of Ionia and finally hit I96 and headed home.

We were gone about 2 hours

Kim was just finishing up when we arrived.  Perfect timing.

After Kim left Nancy headed to an Estate Sale in our old Ottawa Hills neighborhood.  She bought one small item.

Lunch and then when Nancy got home I drove to Meijer’s to put gas in the Escape.  Gas was $2.89.  Also picked up a prescription.

No nap or exercising today.

At 1630 we drove to the Cork Restaurant for my birthday dinner. We met Becky Verker and Phil Hertel.  Phil is also celebrating his birthday today.

The food at the Cork is very American.  Becky and I had the walleye dinner, Phil had perch and Nancy beef.  Of course we all had wine with our meal.  We spent about 90 minutes reminiscing.  A very enjoyable evening.

Today I received a lot of calls from family member members.  Debbie FaceTimed as did Missy and AJ.  Veronica and Alessandra FaceTimed from their car as they were on their way to Alessandra’s batting practice.  Got a phone call from Grandson Lucas.  Steve also FaceTimed by we did not connect. Sister, Helen, called.

I want to thank all family members for recognizing my birthday.  I truly appreciate it.

Tonight we watched an episode of Murder In Paradise on Brit Box.  

The temperature was in 30s when checked the front yard at 2200.  No frost this evening.  A warmup is coming.


No comments: