Wednesday, April 14, 2021

April 13, 2021

 Tuesday April 13, 2021

Blog time 1100 at Panera

Up this morning at 0645.  This morning Nancy is meeting friends at Woodland Mall for a walk.

The temperature was 37 this morning with sun.  

I did all the calisthenics at home.  Breakfast, oatmeal with banana, and then bundled up and headed out on the single speed to Panera, 8 miles.  Near the Cascade Library I saw a Sheriff Deputy walking along side the road.  A deer that had recently been struck by a vehicle was struggling.  The Deputy waited for me to pass and then he put the deer out of its misery. I heard the shot.

Read the Alpena News and email before finishing yesterday’s blog.

This and that:

Had to believe but Alpena which has a declining population has a shortage of homes and rental units.  The surge in demand is caused by folks working from home.  They want to leave metro areas and live in a small town.  They can take their job with them.

This mornings news were full of reports of rare blood clotting for folks getting the J&J vaccine.  The number of instances is very very small.  Over reaction?

If Florida bans transgender athletes from playing Girls sports the NCAA might pull events out of Florida.  Good grief can you image a great athlete like Bruce Jenner participating in Women’s track.

Why is it that after every rain, worms come out of the ground and a lot of them end up on concrete or bituminous surfaces. I have never seen a Robin eat worms off these hard surfaces.  Why?

As soon as I got home I got in Fusion and ran some errands.  

First stop Macatawa bank to make deposit.   

Next stopped at Bill & Paul’s.  I bought a light weight backpack. I have been having shoulder pain with my heavy pack.  

Lunch and then headed downstairs to clean my in basket.  I had not checked in nearly a week.  Most of the mail was requests for money.

My final errand for the day was a trip to Meijer’s to pick up a prescription.  Also filled up the Fusion.  Gas was $2.60+.

Nancy has a 1640 Doctor’s appointment. She needs a quick checkup to renew her meds prescription.

Finished the afternoon with a nap.

For dinner I finished Friday’s Almond Chicken with rice.  Still good.

News and then watched a new show on Acorn whose name escapes me.  Finished the evening watching the episode on Jack Irish we recently slept through.

Temp in 40s when checked front yard at 2200.  Where have all the night creatures gone?

Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  



No comments: