Thursday, April 15, 2021

April 14, 2021

Wednesday April 14, 2021

 Blog time 1035 at Panera

Today is my easy Wednesday.

Up at 0700 I did calisthenics at 50% before dressing for my short, 3 mi, bike ride to Panera.  It was a cold 37 but sunny.

This morning Nancy headed out for a blood test at Metro Health followed by a swim at MVP.  This afternoon she works at the gardens.  Tonight she will attend a Zoom meeting for a charity called Women Who Care (WWC).  Busy day.

Yesterday being the 13th I bought a Mega Millions and Powerball lottery ticket.  Will check later to see if I can buy a house on Mackinaw Island.

This and that:

The Olympics are about 100 days away.  No foreign visitors are allowed.  The recent surge in coronavirus in Japan has made the event not very popular.

A lot of talk about the so-called infrastructure bill but so far no action.  Congress should just stick to true infrastructure and not throw in Left’s wish list.

At home a quick lunch and then Wednesday’s chores;

Load of laundry

Gather up and take out trash and recyclables.

Put out the last of the bird seed.  A successful feeding season is over.

Took a nap.

Nancy got home at 1700.

She opened the mail and found a bill from Kent County for delinquent Cascade Twp taxes.  Kent County is the collection agency for Townships.  

I was perplexed!  We are good at paying taxes.  I looked at my check book and found that I had written a check for the taxes on 29 Jan.  I remember dropping off the taxes at the Township’s office.  They have a box at the office entrance to drop off taxes. 

I decided to pay the delinquent taxes online.  Tomorrow I will stop at township office.  I am out $130 for their error.

I helped Nancy set up her iPad for her 1745 zoom meeting with WWC.  She was reluctant to attend because she was unfamiliar with zoom.  After some fiddling she figured it out.

I fixed a light dinner.  Cheerios with yogurt.

After Nancy’s meeting we watched the Shepard Smith news on CNBC. Mr Smith is sometimes too full of himself.

Tonight we watched an episode of New Tricks, my favorite show.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We asked about their concerns about the J&J shot they received.  The both felt the blood clotting issue was extremely rare.  We were happy with their positive response.

Talked with my Sister, Helen, tonight.  She is pondering several options she has for taking care of Don.  These are difficult decisions.  Our blessings are with her.


No comments: