Saturday, April 17, 2021

April 16, 2021

 Friday April 16, 2021

Blog time 1200 at Starbucks in Woodland Mall

The alarm went off at 0630.  Nancy has an early class at MVP so she left home at 0700.  Later today She and Kathi are attending an Estate Sale.

Today is the first day that Panera is closed to inside dining so I will adjust schedule.  

Performed all my calisthenics at home.  Oatmeal breakfast and then headed out on a bike ride.  

Today I rode 11.5 miles.  The temperature was in the high 30s with a brisk wind.  I got very cold.

At home I took a long warm shower.  Dressed and headed to Starbucks in Woodland Mall.  

Found out I like doing my reading and writing at Starbucks.  Starbucks is located in a small island in the middle of the mall.  The lighting is great and I enjoy watching the foot traffic passing by.  In other words great for people watching.

At home I had a quick lunch.  

The saddle on my Bianchi bike slopes in the wrong direction.  I took the seat post and saddle off and headed to Ada Bike.  The chief mechanic was able to loosen the saddle bolts and realign the seat.  

Took the seat home and installed it.  Took a short test ride.  Conclusion! the seat geometry is now perfect.

At 1700 Nancy and I drove to Gander restaurant.  The Gander is located in the Double Tree hotel.   We met the Moleski’s, Linda and Tom.  

Only one table was occupied when we arrived which surprised us.  The restaurant is clean and pleasant.  Best of all the food was very good.  Tom and I had the perch basket.  Nancy and Linda had sandwiches.  Of course we all had a drink with our dinner.  We spent nearly two hours eating, drinking and talking.  A very pleasant evening.

At home we watched the final episode of “The Queen’s Gambit”.  Great show.

AJ FaceTimed Nancy before dinner and Debbie and Missy later.  Everyone was upbeat.

It was cold, mid 30s, when checked the front yard at 2200.  More cold is coming our way.  Morning temperature on Monday and Tuesday will be in high 20s.  BRR!





No comments: