Wednesday, April 21, 2021

April 20, 2021

 Tuesday April 20, 2021

Blog time 1700 sitting in office

No alarm today.  Slept in until 0700.  

This morning Nancy is meeting friends at Woodland Mall for a walk.  The temperature this morning was 32.  No snow.

I did my calisthenics before oatmeal breakfast with banana.

This morning I really bundled up for my bike ride.  Today I again took my Bianchi bike for the 3 mile ride to Panera at the intersection of Lake Eastbrook and 28th Street.  I rode into a brisk wind so I was really cold when arrived.  The good news is the route is flat.

The layout at this Panera is almost identical to the one near the condo.  I noted a number of the regulars who frequent the closed Panera.

Ordered coffee and a bagel and croissant to enjoy with my reading.

This and that:

A verdict if expected today on the trial of the Minneapolis police officer.

Rep Waters was not censored by the House for her comments on demonstrators getting more aggressive.  I certainly disagree with the Dems.

Covid cases in Mi continue to increase.  This morning’s Alpena News had an article on the increased cases in NE MI.  The local hospital has seen a big increase in COVID cases.

I sure hope the expected deep freeze tonight does not damage the fruit crops.

The ride home from Panera was easier than going because I had the wind at my back.

On way home I looked in at Starbucks and it did not have indoor seating.  Panera seems to be the only coffee shop that allows indoor seating.

I also stopped at Macatawa Bank.  Macatawa’s lobby is closed.  They let me in because I was on my bike.

At home shaved and took a long hot shower.

Nancy is spending several hours this morning helping her friend Kathi pack.  Kathi has sold her house and is moving to Indianapolis.  Nancy will miss her.

Right after lunch I took a short nap.  Actually I just wanted to spend some time under my electric blanket.

Debbie gave me Brit Box for my birthday.  I spent some time getting it loaded on my iPad and big TV.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed chicken noodle soup.  Also cottage cheese and a brisket.

The news tonight was totally dominated by the trial in Minnesota.

Tonight we watched Death In Paradise on Brit Box followed by New Tricks on Prime.  A great night of viewing.

Checked the front yard at 2200.  It was cold.  Freeze warnings are up for tonight and tomorrow morning.  Temps will drop to mid 20s.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We gave a positive report.  This afternoon Akerke FaceTimed Nancy.  They had a nice talk.

No comments: