Tuesday, December 8, 2020

December 7, 2020

 Monday December 7, 2020

Blog time 1545 sitting in office

Up this morning at 0645.  Nancy headed out early for a walk.  

I did some calisthenics before driving to Panera to get coffee and a bagel to have with my oatmeal breakfast.  After breakfast I put on my bike riding clothes and headed out.  It was 25 but with no wind the ride was comfortable.  Today I took the Cascade Road route to the Y.  Total miles 7 miles.

The Y was almost empty.  Most of the folks were hard core weight lifters.

I did my calisthenics followed by a mile walk.  The ride home is 3.5 miles.  Total bike miles today = 10.5 miles.

At home I showered, dressed and then got in the Fusion and ran errands. First stop Macatawa Bank to make a deposit.  Next I stopped at Meijer’s for supplies and gas.  I forgot to check the gas price.

Final stop was Gazelle Sports.  I bought a wool baclava.  Also bought Nancy a reflective vest for her morning walks.

At home I had lunch and then headed downstairs for blog writing and reading.

This and that:

The UK papers and TV news are all about the BRexit negotiations.  It looks like decision time is near.

Today December 7 is Pearl Harbor Day, as FDR said a day that will go down in infamy.  Do you think many 14 year old kids know about this day.

 In my Navy days I met several folks who were in Pearl Harbor on the day of the attack.  It was a total surprise.

Michigan Governor has extended to lock down until Dec 20.

After the news Nancy and I watched a London crime show on Acorn. I cannot remember the name.

Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched Fallet on Netflix.  A Swedish/UK mystery.  I like the show.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.

It was cold, low 30s, when checked front yard at 2200.  Snow predicted for this weekend.  

No comments: