Friday, December 4, 2020

December 3, 2020

 Thursday December 3, 2020

Blog time 1730 sitting in office

Up at 0630.  Nancy headed out for her walk.  I did some calisthenics before heading to Panera for coffee and bagel.

After breakfast put on warm bike clothes and headed out.  It was sunny, 34 and windy.  Took the 7 mile route to the Y.

The Y this morning was empty.  I did calisthenics and walked a mile.  The ride home was ok because the wind was at my back.

At home shaved and showered.  I decided that I had done enough exercises for the day so no outside walk.

Cleaned my in basket this morning.  How can a retired guy get behind on reading mail.

Lunch and then activities for rest of day.

Got on line with LL Bean and bought a sweater and shirt with hoodie.  Used gift cards that were given to me during the year.

Called Fox Ford and asked about procedures for getting an oil change for the Escape.  The only thing different was I had to wear a mask.  Also no free coffee.

Took a short nap.

This and that:

Coronavirus denial among folks is a big problem.  Most won’t take vaccine.  When the vaccine is available,  I will be first in line.

California on lockdown, no impact on kids so far.

President still thinks the election was rigged despite evidence to the contrary.   Give it up POTUS.

Eavesdropping on several old men at Y I was surprised that they agree with POTUS.  

VP Harris’s senior staff is all female.  Tough job market for young men.

Nancy fixed chicken noodle soup for dinner.  Also had a scone.  Great meal.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We gave a positive report.

Started watching Midsomer Murders about 10 minutes into the program and our internet went down.  I checked the modem and unplugged all the connections for about a minute.  Plugged back in and the internet came on.  Sometimes just a simple unplug works.

Checked the front yard at 2200.  Temp in mid 30s and will stay in 30s all night.

No comments: