Friday, December 18, 2020

December 17, 2020

 Thursday December 17, 2020

Blog time 1600 sitting in office

This morning I got up at 0600.  Did my chores and then went back to bed.  Decided to get up at 0630 but I slept until 0700.  I have been doing that a lot lately.

Nancy headed out on her 3 mile walk.  Did my at home calisthenics and then headed to Panera for coffee and a bagel.  

It was 21 when I headed out at 0830 but no wind so the 5 mile ride to the Y was pleasant.  The Y was empty.

Did my calisthenics and took a 2 mile walk.  I have a super duper lock that opens and closes just using my thump.  Today it would not lock.  Left my locker unlocked and headed home.  At home I showered and shaved and then returned to the Y with a standard padlock that operates with a key.

Nancy has a Christmas gift for her friend Kathi so I drove her to Kathi’s.  Nancy dropped off the gift.

Lunch then I headed downstairs to finish yesterday’s blog.  I made a font change and bingo I lost the entire blog.   I recreated a short version.

This and that:

PE Biden is rounding out his staff.  Rep Deb Haaland of NM has been appointed Sec of Interior.  She will be first Native American.

The big storm in New England is dominating the weather news.

An article in the The Telegraph told UK citizens how to view the great planetary Conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter.  Great to see the UK is on the same page as the GR Breakfast Club.

I don’t know when I will be eligible for the Coronavirus vaccine but look forward to the date.  

Finally it is cold enough to develop ice on all the local ponds.

I see a lot of pickups outfitted with their snowplow gear.  No snow so far in GR.  I hope they are paid by the season and not by the event.  Most would be cash poor.

Finished the afternoon with a nap.  For dinner Nancy cleaned out the frig.  We had meat loaf, chicken noodle soup, mashed potatoes, peas and a salad. Left overs are great.

For the main event tonight we watched episode 2 of the Agatha Christie series “And then there were none”.  Started out with ten folks and now 3 remain.  We will watch the final episode on Friday.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  Everything ok.

It was 28 when checked the yard at 2200.  Temp did not reach 32 today.  Tomorrow temps will be in mid 30s.

No comments: