Saturday, December 19, 2020

December 18, 2020

 Friday December 18, 2020

Blog time 1900 sitting in living room

Got up with alarm at 0630.  Nancy headed out before sunrise for her 3 mile walk.

I did at home calisthenics before driving to Panera to get coffee and bagel.  Breakfast and then bundled up and biked to the Y.  Total miles pedaled today 9.75.  

I have been slowly increasing the number of chin-ups, sit-ups, push-ups since my hernia operation.  I am happy to announce that today I reached my pre operation number.

Kim was cleaning when I got home at 1100.

Showered, dressed and then Nancy and I got in the Escape and started our Friday drive.

First stop Meijer’s Garden so Nancy could pick up her certificate for 3,000 hours of volunteer time.  Congratulations Nancy!

Today we drove west on Leonard.  We visited the small communities Allendale, Eastmanville and Lamont.  We love our Friday drives through small West Mi communities.  Our drives are usually about 2 hours.

Lunch 

Rest of day’s activities:

Nancy and I drove to Home Depot to purchase a toilet bowl seat.  At home I installed the seat.

Got Email from HS classmate Bill Foster with recording of Glenn Campbell playing the bagpipes and singing Amazing Grace. It was great.

For dinner drove to Culver’s.  Nancy got a grilled chicken sandwich.  I got a fried cod sandwich. We brought the sandwiches home to eat.

For our viewing tonight we watched the final episode of the Agatha Christie mystery “None”.  I gave it a B-.  

Nancy headed to bed. I stayed up and watched another episode of Fallet.

Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We gave her a positive report.

It was 34 when checked the front yard at 2200.  The temp will stay above freezing tonight.  Mild weather through next Wednesday.


No comments: