Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thursday February 16, 2017

Blog time: 1135 at Panera

Winter is still here, it was 22 and sunny when I got on the bike and headed to the Y. I wore my special Costco snow pants. They are fleece lined and warm in fact sitting in Panera I find them too warm.

With the present cold spell the song birds seem to have gone into hiding. Not much wildlife on my bike ride. The ride I selected to the Y is five miles. This is the max I want to ride when the temp is below 25. My hands and feet get real cold about five miles.

Slow news day in my home town, Alpena. I check the sports page to see how the BB, hockey and wrestling teams are doing. In my day the AHS did not have girls sports, boy's wrestling or hockey. The only winter sport was boy's BB. Actually I am wrong we did have a coed Gymnastics team. Only several schools in MI offered gymnastics. Our team won the state in 1956.

I loved playing hockey but played with City league teams. We played outdoors. On a nice cold winter I would play every day from Thanksgiving to St Pats Day.

After Friday home BB games AHS had a dance. Do high schools still have dances after BB games? Loved to dance.

The UK papers are still reporting on US politics. Several articles on our Secretaries of State and Defense meeting with folks in Europe. They are the voice of reason. Trump was smart enough to appoint two Adults.

Really did not find anything of interest in the WSJ.

It was 10 degrees warmer when I got on my bike for the ride home. As soon as I got home took Ms P on a pleasant walk.

Nancy had more dental work done today and she is still not done. She is being proactive, her words, so more crowns will be replaced.

Spent some time ironing several khaki pants. Then I cleared my in basket and read three months of SI. Speaking of SI I got this year's swim suit issue in the mail today.

Tonight we are having soup at Russ's. Russ's has the best chicken rice soup.

After dinner will read the GRP and watch Big Bang Theory followed by a Netflix or Acorn show.

I got my 30' in today!

No comments: