Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday February 24, 2017

Blog time 1110 at Panera: What a difference a day makes. We had thunder storms with high winds, 26 mph, early this morning. The temp also dropped to mid 30s.

The rain should continue until late afternoon. Snow predicted for tonight.

Because of the rain and high winds I decided no bike or Y today. I did the calisthenics at home and for aerobics I rowed 10 minutes. I like the row because it elevates the heart rate.

After breakfast I put on my raincoat and walked to Panera. I encountered just a mild mist.

Panera was very crowded today. It looks like some older women are using Panera as a gathering place.

I have been on a double dose of steroids for a week now with no improvements. A downside of double vision is my inability to cut my toenails. Nancy said I might have to visit a shop that give pedicures. Maybe I will have to change my thinking that only sissies get a pedicure.

Today the London papers took a break from reporting on the antics of our POTUS. They did report on the UK Labor party suffering some serious losses in yesterdays by-election. I don't know what a by-election is or if I spelled it right.

Despite all the negative news about what is happening around the nation the Stock Market keeps moving ahead. It is up today.

It was still raining when I left Panera at 1200. I walked to Meijer's to pick up a prescription. I took a long route home in order to get my 30 minutes in.

After a quick lunch we got in the car and headed to GR Lightning. When changing a light bulb on our hall chandelier I broke one section of the three glass sections surrounding the bulbs. We took our purchase order and the nice lady ordered a new section. We were surprised that the replacement cost was only $16 so we ordered another.

No walk today for Ms P because of the rain. It is now 2000 and the rain has stopped. However, early tomorrow morning it will start snowing.

Nancy fixed ham and bean soup for dinner. We had it with a fresh baked baguette. Great meal for a dreary February night.

Tomorrow morning we a going to an antique fair in Lake Odessa.

It looks like a Netflix evening.

No comments: