Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday August 24, 2016

Blog time:  2045

Today is my easy Wednesday, up at 0630.  I do the calisthenics at 50% and then row 10 minutes.  I showered and biked to Panera.

Nancy stayed home today.  The contractor installed the tlle backsplash.  He finished about 1600.

Tomorrow he will grout the tiles.  I think the new countertops look great.  Nancy likes the counters and is pleased with her choice of colors.

Panera was very crowded today.  I found a seat and sitting next to me was my old insurance agent, Russ Olivier, and his wife, Nancy.  Russ is also retired.  We had a nice talk.

I keep reading about the potential economic problems in China.  Some folks say the country will implode and others says the party is too entrenched.  I think China has major problems with large state run industries.  They will probably muddle through.

I was checking the world's largest countries by population.  There is not one EU country in the top fifteen.  Germany is #16 and its population is not growing.  Russia #9 is also losing population.  I think our economic future is probably tied to Asia.   Congress should pass the Asia trade treaty.

After Panera I took a 10 mile bike ride.  The heavy rains bypassed us today.

This afternoon I stopped at Fitzgerald's and bought a micro fleece full zip jacket.  I bought one last year and love it.  Visited Orvis but did not find anything I needed.  Bought telephone cable at Best Buy.

Took Ms P on a 1.25 mile walk.  Finished the afternoon with a nap.

Light dinner, watched the news and took a walk around the block.

We watched Marcella on Netflix and then Alpha House on Amazon, both good shows.



No comments: