Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday August 22, 2016

Blog time: 2040

Monday morning and it looks like another sunny day.

This morning Nancy is heading up to Petoskey.  She is meeting some Albion classmates for a summer get together.

It was cool this morning, 53, so I put on a sweatshirt for some warmth.

At the Y I was talking to a new member, Rob.  I assumed he was about my age.  He was in Vietnam the same years I was.   He was from Sebewaing.  Sebewaing is in Michigan's Thumb.  It is on Saginaw Bay.  Sebewaing Beer was a favorite of my friends in Alpena.

I told Rob I was from Alpena and he asked if I knew Jim Dutcher.  Jim Dutcher was one of the finest basketball player to ever play at AHS.  He played BB at UM.  Jim had a successful career as a BB coach.  He had winning teams at Eastern Michigan and Minnesota.  His son is the assistant coach at San Diego State.  Rob is Jim Dutcher's first cousin.  Jim's mother, Hazel, was Rob's aunt and my Sunday School teacher.  Another small world story.

Panera was very crowded this morning.

It doesn't look like the Asian trade agreement will pass.  I am all for free trade.

Turkey still has not figured out if it wants to be friends with Russia.  Russia wants Assad to stay and Turkey says he must go.  I think the USA also wants Assad to go.  The US foreign policy is not well defined.  We appear weak.

The US economy seems to be humming along despite all the negative talk from experts.

As soon as I got home I took Ms P on a long walk.

After lunch I got in the Cobalt and visited the GMC dealer.  I am looking at a GMC Terrain SUV.  The SUV must have six cylinder, AWD and all the safety features.  Heated seats are also required.  I have a brochure and as soon as Nancy gets home I will have her check one out.

Also stopped at the Chevy dealership.  I looked at an Equinox.  The Equinox also has what I want.  My sister, Helen, likes hers.

Tomorrow the contractor is coming to install our new counter tops.  I moved the microwave and phone off the counter.  Nancy has already done most of the work.

Took a short nap.  Light dinner and the a walk around the block.  I am now watching Nat Geo Wild's show on he National Parks.

No comments: