Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Tuesday August 2, 2016

Blog time: 1952

Another beautiful summer’s day, sun and temps in the mid 80s.

We got up early this morning because we have to take the Taurus in for a 60,000 mile service.

Nancy got in the Taurus and drove to the dealer. I put my bike on the Cobalt and followed. We got to the dealer at 0700. I then drove Nancy to MVP for her swim. I unloaded my bike and pedaled to the Y.

Today’s paper had an article on how the fashion critics are panning men who wear cargo shorts. In the past month I have purchased two pair of said shorts. I love my shorts because I have a pocket for my cell phone. The same folks who pan cargo shorts would get on my case if I carried my cell on my belt.

Op-Ed in today’s WSJ by Shelia Bair former FDIC chair and now President of a small college. She commented on how the incompetent Feds discourage parents from saving for their kid’s education. Good article!

Sen Alexander from Tennessee has proposed the Feds get out of the Education business. I agree.

Before lunch I took Ms P on a short walk.

We picked up the Taurus about 1500. I was looking at a Ford SUV but after I got my bill for the 60,000 mile check up decided to put off the purchase for another year.

I took a short nap wearing my breathing device. After the nap I spent some time reading the manuals for the device. Getting old sucks!

Nancy fixed a chicken pasta for dinner. Very good.

I have been looking to upgrade my iPad. I want a larger screen. Tonight Debbie called and she helped me order an iPad. I will pick it up tomorrow.

After the news I took a short walk around the block.

We watched Agatha Raisin on Acorn tonight. I thought it was good.


No comments: