Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wednesday August 17, 2016

Blog time: 1700

Breakfast Club Wednesday, up at 0550 and head downtown.  The days are getting shorter.  It was dark on my drive downtown.

Sparse turnout this morning.  The speaker was from the City of Muskegon and she talked about the cleanup of the Port of Muskegon and Muskegon Lake.  Muskegon had some very heavy industries in this area.  In addition a very large power plant shut down this year.  The City has made a good effort in cleaning up the Port and Lake.  They even have some cruise ships visiting the port.  I thought it was an interesting talk.

The weather folks said rain this morning but I saw clear sky when I left BC.  I headed home and changed into my biking clothes.  I did stop at Panera for a quick coffee and read.  I downloaded the WSJ.

I usually read the free app for the Alpena News.  However, it is no longer free.  Bummer!

After Panera I started on a what I thought would be a long ride.  I had just gotten underway when the dark clouds started rolling in.  I could hear thunder so I altered my route and got home before a very short shower?  Instead of 14 miles I rode 8.

Nancy worked at the Gardens this afternoon.

Temps were in the 80 when Ms P started our walk.  We took the short nature walk.

I took a short nap and then finished reading the WSJ.

We had a light dinner.  Watched the news and walked around the block.

Spent another evening watching the  Olympics.

No comments: