Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday August 7, 2016

Weekend update: blog time 1450

Saturday morning and another nice day is ahead.

Nancy and I walked to Panera for breakfast.

Panera was nearly empty. Is everyone on vacation?

As soon as we got home I got on the bike and took a 14 mile ride. A lot of folks were out for a ride.

It was not as hot as it has been so I took Ms P on a longer walk, 1.5.

Spent some time reading the WSJ. Is Turkey our friend? Peggy Noonan wrote an article savaging Trump. I thought She was right.

We had an early dinner with the Namey's at Rose's. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of Reed's Lake.

After dinner we headed to the Namey's for dessert. We had a pleasant evening.

Watched some Olympic swimming before turning in.

Sunday August 7

Up at 0700 and headed to the Y for our Sunday swim. The pool was crowded but we each got our preferred lane. Today I did my individual medley, backstroke, breast stroke and crawl. I gave up the backstroke at MVP because the lanes were too narrow. I kept running into the lane markers. The Y has nice wide lanes. The backstroke is now my preferred stroke.

We bought some supplies at Meijer's. The gas station is closed for repairs. I will have to find another nearby station.

Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs this morning. I had mine on a waffle.

Took Ms P on a long walk, 1.5 miles.

Since I have started using the sleep apena machine an afternoon nap is not as important as it once was.

This afternoon I paid our Federal and MI quarterly income taxes. Also paid our Cascade Twp property taxes. Walked to nearest post box to mail the taxes.

Nancy fixed Hamburg for dinner. Also corn on the cob.

After the dishes I took a walk around the block.

We spent the evening watching the olympics.

Today was another nice warm Summer's day. We can expect the same tomorrow.

No comments: