Friday, January 27, 2012

Thursday January 26, 2012

I got a good night's sleep so I did not change the workout intensity. While I am rowing I watch the "Today Show". Today they had a segment on health problems left handed folks have. Both the anchors for the Today Show are left handed. I guess we are prone to all kinds of mental health problems. I thought we were just smarter than the right handed folks.
It was 33⁰ when I got on my bike and pedaled to the MAC. The sidewalks and roads were clear and the ride was enjoyable. Today I swam 800 yards in addition to sprinting and walking for 1.5 miles. Today I had my coffee and papers at Breton Village Mall. I am always surprised at the number of Grandparents that bring the grandkids just to walk around the mall.
Did you know that today is Michigan's 175th birthday? I did not know this. Also did you know that 2012 is the 200th birth year of the War of 1812? The only thing I can remember is that a major naval battle was fought on Lake Erie. I also know that Dolly Madison saved the White House's china when the British burned the White House. And of course Andrew Jackson won the Battle of New Orleans and Scott Francis Keyes wrote the Star Spangled Banner while the British were shelling Fort McHenry. I think I will get a book on this war.
After lunch I came upstairs to my office to catch up on some reading. Tonight Nancy and I will go to Great Lakes Shipping for dinner. I really want some fried fish with chips.
Friday: I did get the fish and chips. I also downloaded to my Kindle a book on the War of 1812. We stayed up and watched a Person of Interest. We headed upstairs at 2200.

No comments: