Friday, January 7, 2011

Thursday January 6, 2011

Ms P got me up at 0430 this morning. While she was doing her bidness I shoveled a couple of areas on the drive. We got about an inch over night. I went back to bed and did not get up until 0730. Nancy was heading out the door when I told her it had snowed. She mumbled but she did shovel her area before going to the MAC. I bundled up and finished shoveling before heading to the MAC. The temperature has been in the 20s all day. The walk to the MAC was difficult because of the new snow over the icy surfaces.

I did not get to the D&W Starbucks until 1130. I read the DFP and WSJ until 1230. I got home about 1300. While I was at the MAC we received another inch of snow. Nancy had already finished her part so I shoveled my area before eating lunch. I was so tired that after lunch I took a 60 minute nap. This evening I am meeting Eric Rickert for a beer at 1730. We are meeting at the Winchester on Wealthy Street. Eric has just left his job at LSE and accepted a position with Great Lakes Engineering in Lansing. This was sort of a farewell meeting.

I did not have any trouble finding the Winchester. It is located in an old building and is a long, narrow facility with limited seating. They have a great beer selection but only a limited food selection. I had a Frankenmuth beer that is made in Frankenmuth, MI. I do not know if it is the same Frankenmuth that was available in the 50s. In fact Frankenmuth use to sponsor a hockey team in the Alpena Men's League and I played for them. We played Tuesdays and Thursday outdoors. Games were at 1900 and 2100. Back to 2011, Eric and I had a nice visit. I will take Nancy to the Winchester soon.

I got home about 1900 and Nancy had made a vegetable beef soup. I had several bowls. It was great on a cold winter's night. After dinner I sat down to read the GRP and fell asleep. I sleep for 1.5 hours. I headed to bed at 2200. I got my 30 in did you?

No comments: