Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday October 31, 2008

Halloween. I hate Halloween. The basic premise of asking a stranger to give you a treat is not a good example.

The day was warm and sunny. I went kayaking this afternoon on the Rogue River near Rockford. I was surprised that the leaves are nearly gone. The up side to this is that my visibility is greatly increased. I saw homes along the shore that I had never seen before. Fall kayaking is great because all the boaters are gone. I did not see another soul on my 2 hour paddle.

The kids started at 6 PM. I gave out over 120 treats. I thought we would have many more because of the nice weather. I was pleasantly surprised that most of the kids were accompanied by an adult. Trick or Treating is a 6 to 8 event. At exactly 8 I ran out of tootsie pops and candy bars. Great timing.

I remember the first time we went T/T at 1555. It was 1973 and Tasha, DSL and I went with JK and Mollie. It was very warm. The sidewalks were jammed with Dads and their kids. Moms stayed home to give out the treats. We had been in the house for only a couple of weeks and I was not familiar with the neighborhood. I think DSL, Tasha and Dad were very impressed. This is our 35th year at 1555.

No comments: