Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday October 25, 2008

The day started dark, cool and rainy. It remained that way all day.

I purchased a NYT at D&W. $1.50 for a newspaper! However, it is the only paper that has good international reporting. The Detroit Free Press is small by comparison. I think all newspaper are feeling pinched. The Grand Rapids Press which has no competition was absolutely tiny today.

After breakfast I headed to the MAC to give blood. After answering a zillion questions, blood pressure tests, the nurse pricked my finger and tested the blood. I was told that my iron level was too low, 34 vs 38. So for the third straight time I cannot give blood. I think my blood letting days are over.

It was still raining after my rejection so I ran a few errands. I have been looking for some warm winter clothes. I had no luck today. I will purchase the clothes online. Online is not in my 1956 dictionary.

My back has been bothering me today and I can not determine the cause. Was it my tumble from my retro yesterday? Did I use the ERG machine improperly? Is my dead lift form wrong?

For exercise I walked around Reeds Lake. It took me 2 hours.

For dinner Nancy and I took a coupon and headed for Russ's. I had the perch dinner and Nancy had prime rib. The entire bill (with the coupon) was $ 10.50.

I am watching the PSU/OSU game. I am pulling for PSU.

Since MSU won today I think my mother would have to prepare my Dad's favorite meals for the next week. Oh, what an idle mind remembers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute about the MSU\UM rivalry and how she would have to cook his favorite meals.

Anonymous said...

I went to the Westside market this morning and bought an Apple Fritter. (and 3 lbs. grapes, 4 lbs. apples, a butternut squash, and a pound of smokies.)