Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday October 8, 2008

It rained all day today. I started my day with a 1000 yard swim at the MAC. After the swim I headed for Rosebush, Michigan to visit cousin Peg.

I arrived in Rosebush at 1130. I installed the new sattelite radio for Peg. She has a north facing window so I was not sure it would work. It worked great. Peg likes 40's music (big bands, Frank and Bing). The only problem I noted was that the on/off switch and channel numbers on the remote are very small. This makes it very difficult for Peg with her limited vision. If Peg wants to change to another channel she will need help. I will check with the manufacturer and see if they have a remote for the visually impaired.

Peg and I had lunch at the "Depot" in Coleman. Coleman is a small farming village in Midland County. As the name implies, the restaurant is in an old RR depot.

Peg said that she would like to start getting books on tape. Her tape recorder is broken and she has not listened to a tape in several years. I stopped at the Rosebush library located about 2 blocks from Peg's apartment. I was informed that they can get any book I wanted on a CD. The library will pick up and deliver. I was impressed.

Tonight is Nancy's book club so Tom M and I had pizza and beer at Fred's. The pizza was great and the beer was cold.

All in all it was a good day. Gas is down to $3.29 a gallon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Peg likes the radio and that the library has a great community service program.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that Peg wants to start reading\listening again.