Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday October 9, 2008

Today was sunny and warm. High temperature was 65 and the sky was blue, blue, blue.

After my morning routine I had to decide if I wanted to go kayaking or biking. I checked the weather and found the wind speed was over 15 mph. I don't like to kayak in winds over 10 mph. I decided to go biking.

I tried a paved "rails to trails" path in Ottawa and Muskegon County. The trail runs from Marne to Muskegon and is call the Muskatawa Trail. The trail head is right off I-96. I biked about 10 miles. It is a nice wide trail through farmland. The parking lot was full. I am amazed at the number of old folks that like to bike the old RR grades.

This evening Nancy and I went with Linda and Tom Moleski to a jazz concert at Aquinas College. It was crowded and well received.

The weather man says is should freeze tonight but tomorrow will be sunny and warm. I have to quit now because my electric blanket has the bed warmed up. What a wimp I have become.

No comments: