Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday October 16,2008

Today started out cool and sunny. It remained cool all day with a high of 56.

After my morning routine and lunch I decided to go kayaking. I loaded up the boat and headed for Middleville. I put in immediately upstream of the downtown dam. The Thornapple River was beautiful. The colors are full and the water was serene. I noted going upstream the I had to struggle past a log jam. It took some time because the constriction increased the velocity of the stream. I paddle upstream for 1.5 hours and then turned around. When I got to the log jam, I was a little careless making the sharp turn. My kayak got hung up in the jam and yes folks our hero went swimming. Luckily, I had on waterproof boots, a life jacket and a heavy duty armorall long sleeve shirt. It took about 20 minutes to get my kayak free from the logs. The boat was loaded with water so I had a difficult time getting to shore. After I removed the water, I removed my clothes and wrung them out. It took me 15 minutes to get to the car. I cranked the heater up high and headed for GR. This is not an experience I want to repeat. I think I will stay in gentle waters during cooler weather.

Nancy had a wine and cheese party this afternoon and then she had to go to Meijer's Garden to help with an appreciation dinner. I am now getting ready to pack for my trip to Tasha's tomorrow. I will not forget the pooper scooper.

I will be off line until I get back on Sunday. Keep smiling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know now that you are retired you can stay at Tasha's longer than a weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow. you took a drink. Too bad it couldn't have happened in August or warmer months.

Looking forward to your visit.