Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday October 22, 2008

Wednesday is my easy day. I left for the MAC before the sun came up. It was very dark and I stuck to the sidewalks. I have a rear light but not a headlight. I will purchase a new light as soon as the SS checks come in.

Seniors have a water exercise class today so the water was very warm. I swam 1100 yards.

It was such a nice sunny day I decided that I would ride my bike from Riverside Park to Rockford, a distance of about 22 miles. I have two single speed bikes, a road bike with skinny tires and my retro with fat tires. The road bike is faster but I decided to take the retro. I wonder why I would take a bike that is harder to pedal and I concluded:

  • the retro is easier to load in the car.
  • the skinny tires are more prone to flats.
  • the retro has a chain guard so I don't have to wear a sissy pant cinch.
  • I just like the retro.

I note that whenever I go biking with Tasha see takes her fat tired bike and leaves the road bike at home. I think her reasons are the same as mine.

Remember only 13 days until the end of the silly season. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I despise sissy pants cinches too.