Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday October 20, 2008

The weekend must have really tired me out, I slept until 0630. I did not get home from my morning routine until 1230. It was cool and cloudy this morning. It started to rain this afternoon.

I completed 1 rainy day job. I hung the curtains in the downstairs bathroom. After the curtain job, I headed to Modern Hardware to get some clips for attaching my new plexiglass door to the frame. It is not really a door, the plexiglass will replace the screen door in my office. I hope the plexiglass will keep the office warmer in winter.

I also bought a bike maintenance book at Barnes and Noble. Tasha gave me a bike frame and I intend to build a single speed 29er.

Flashback: This is the week of the MSU/UM football game. I remember this week as a constant battle between my mom and dad. Mom was a "died in the wool" UM fan and of course dad was for MSU. Dad would promise to do the dishes for a week if MSU lost. Mother promised to prepare at least 3 of Dad's favorite meals if UM lost. I think Mother was the more rapid fan. We did not have TV so everyone had to listen to the game on radio. Helen and I enjoyed the constant bickering between our parents. It was all in good fun.

No comments: