Thursday, November 24, 2022

November 22, 2022

 Tuesday November 22, 2022

Blog time 1700 sitting in living room.

Slept in until 0720 this morning.  Sun will be up at 0744.  It was 19 but after the sun comes up it will be sunny and reach 40s this afternoon.

I opened garage and backed out the Escape.  Nancy left at 0815 for MVP.  Today is her treadmill/stationary bike day.

No Y for me today.  I did all my calisthenics at home.  Shaved and put on dry skin lotion before oatmeal breakfast.  Because of the cold weather my skin dries major league.  I must put Cetaphil cream on twice a day.  If no lotion most folks would call me scratchy.

Oatmeal breakfast with blueberries before heading out.  Today I walked to Panera, a distance of 0.9 miles.  The walks still have ice patches so I took my cane for balance.

Panera was empty.  I ordered coffee and baguettes.  As usual I first read the Alpena News followed by the Detroit News.  

Next I check email and messages.  Finished yesterdays blog.

Nancy dropped in about 1030.  We sat and talked awhile.  This afternoon we are visiting Costco.

As soon as I got home put the bike rack on the Escape and drove to Ada Bike.  Today they are putting on steel studded tires on my bad boy.  Will pick up tomorrow.

At home. Nancy and I headed to Costco.  The place was crowded.  Nancy picked up her prescription and I loaded the basket with mouth wash, mini-naan, Clorox wipes, wine and crackers.  We also purchased a pumpkin pie.  We had to wait about 30 minutes for a new batch of pies.  25 folks were ahead of us in line.  Pumpkin pie must be Costco’s big Thanksgiving item.

At home I took a short nap.  Tonight being Tuesday we drove to Leo’s for our Tuesday hot dog and fries.  Leo’s was crowded.

At home we watched the end of NBC news and then switched to internet.  Tonight we watched an episode of “Traces”.  I gave it a B-.

It was still above freezing when checked Courtyard before turning in.  Mild weather continues through the week



No comments: