Saturday, November 12, 2022

November 11, 2022

Friday November 11, 2022

Blog time 1000 on Saturday Nov 12.  Yes a day late.

Today is Veterans Day.  I will ask the Vets I see at the Y and Panera if they remember their service number.  Almost 100% do even after 50 years.

Our heat wave is over.  Temps today are normal for this time of year.

Nancy left home at 0800 for her Friday swim at MVP.

I did the home routine followed by oatmeal breakfast.  Biked to Y.  The Y was not crowded.  Noted that the Y must be having money problems.  Normal maintenance was not being performed.

Got to Panera just before Nancy arrived.  We got our coffee and talked awhile.  

The election results are still not available for several key congressional seats.  Looks like the GOP might control house but has lost the Senate.  The GOP’s big problem is poor leadership and poor candidates they have selected.  Trump has ruined the GOP.  Maybe the sane folks will take over.

Great Op-Ed by Mitt Romney in WSJ today.  I hope a lot of folks agree with him.

At home Nancy and I lugged a book case from the basement.  I took it to Good Will.  Everyone must be cleaning house because the line at Good Will was long.

Took a short nap this afternoon.  After, I spent some time looking for my discharge card from the Navy.  Finally found it.  The card is sometimes called the “I was alive in 65” card.

Tonight we are going to Applebees.  They offer a free meal to qualified vets.  

Granddaughter AJ FaceTimed me this afternoon and wished me a Happy Vets Day.  I really appreciated AJ’s effort.  

We left at 1730 for Applebees.  The restaurant was not as crowded as previous Veteran’s days.  I had the Vet’s special, sirloin steak with mashed potatoes.  Very good.

Tonight both Debbie and Missy FaceTimed.  We gave positive reports.  

Watched a new show on Prime called “The English”.  It is a western.  I liked it. Nancy was lukewarm.

Temp in 40s when made my  Courtyard check.  Cold spell coming low temps tonight near freezing.

 

No comments: