Sunday, July 31, 2022

July 30, 2022

 Saturday July 30, 2022


Blog time 1715 on Sunday, yes a day late.


Saturday Morning we get up at 0700.  This morning Helen, Nancy and I had breakfast at the Gathering Place.  We arrived before 0800 and were able to get a choice seat.


Helen and I had oatmeal and Nancy had a Western Omelette.  As usual it was great.  The place was full when we left.


Today Helen is leaving.  She will have a lunch at noon with a friend before leaving for Gaylord.


This morning I had time for a 5 mile bike ride.  Nancy of course stayed home and did the laundry.


This afternoon Nancy and I are attended a get together for employees of LSE/Scott Civil Engineering Company.  The get together is at the home of Carol Smith the owner.  Carol and her husband John Otto live on Clifford Lake in Montcalm County.  It is a very casual affair.


We left home at 1430.  We did have some difficulty finding the place because I took Sydney Road instead of Stanford.  We spent some time rambling around.  We finally arrived at 1530.


The event was well attended.  It was a prefect day for a picnic.  I had an opportunity to talk to several employees I knew well.


Carol Smith was a great host.  She told me business was booming and they have trouble finding employees.  Carol just opened an office in Gaylord and they are very busy.  I must tell my sister.  


Nancy also had a great time talking and eating.  Everyone was very kind.


We got home at 2000.  Before bed we.  Watched an episode of Shetland.  


As I was checking the Courtyard at 2200 I saw three deer in the bushes across Tahoe from our Condo.  Called Nancy and she was able to see the deer.  


A very busy enjoyable summer’s day.  

No comments: