Wednesday, July 13, 2022

July 12, 2022

 Tuesday July 12, 2022


Blog time 1730 sitting in office


Up this morning at 0700.  First night since my operation that I did not have any pain.  Good news.


Nancy left early for MVP.  She plans on walking on the treadmill and riding stationary bike.


I did my calisthenics at 60% before breakfast.  Put on bike clothes and pedaled the 2 miles to the Y.  Did my pre-op calisthenics at 60%.  After the workout I pedaled to Panera.


Today I took my mini-iPad because it is so light.  After getting my coffee and a bagel I read the WSJ.


This and that from Alpena News:


This week the City is having its annual Brown Trout Festival.  The Festival has trouble getting volunteers.  This might be the festival’s last year.


My Grandmother (McTavish) Hughes was born in 1868.  Her father Dr McTavish was one of the first doctors in Alpena.  In the early 1870s two fires completed gutted the City.  Both times the City was rebuilt.  As result of the fires the City established a Fire Department.  Dr McTavish was the town’s first Fire Chief. 

At home I showered and shaved.  Total bike miles today 6.5.


Before lunch I drove to Macatawa Bank to get money for Kim who cleans on Thursday.  Next I stopped at ACE Hardware and bought a bolt and nut for our deck glider.  I also bought a cushioned toilet seat.  


Before lunch, I fixed the deck glider.  Lunch today was yogurt, apple, pudding and a glass of milk.


Today the painters have finished our Condo.  Looks good.  Now they have a big job cleaning up.



Spent most of afternoon reading in office.  Finished the afternoon with a short nap.


For dinner tonight I had a bowl of Cheerios with blueberries.  I never tire of Cheerios.


After the dishes I took a 0.75 mile walk.  Great evening for a walk.


Tonight we watched another episode of Crownies.  I think we have 9 episodes left.


Bright moon when checked Courtyard.  Rain expected later tonight.


No comments: