Friday, July 15, 2022

July 14, 2022

 Thursday July 14, 2022

Blog time 1130 on Friday sitting in Panera.  I am a day late.

Up at 0700. Another nice day ahead. Sun with a high near 80.

Easy day for Nancy.  Most of the pain from the root canal surgery is gone.  Motrin and the antibiotic prescribed by the Dentist are helping.  Noted several black and blue spots on face.

I do some calisthenics before breakfast.  After I put on bike clothes and pedaled the 2 miles to Y. 

It must be summer vacation time because the Y was empty.  Slowly I am getting some strength back.  I am now doing my calisthenics routine a 60%.  Several folks asked where I had been.  Gave my standard reply.

After the Y I pedaled to Panera.  I was looking forward to coffee and a bagel.  Panera was sold out of all types of bagels.  Bummer, I bought a baguette.

Today I took my mini-iPad because it is easy to carry in the back pack.  I just read the Alpena and Detroit News before leaving.

Today Kim cleans.  She was almost done when I got home.  The house looked good.  

Showered and shaved before lunch.  Quick lunch before Nancy and I drove to Porter Hills retirement community on Fulton.  Porter Hills has two campuses.  The main campus on Fulton and a new location called Cook Valley Estates on East Paris.

Today we looked at two apartment at the Fulton Campus.  They were both two bedroom and liveable.  However, the community spaces leave a lot to be desired. 

Nancy and I told the Sales Manager we only want Cook Valley.  An apartment might becomes available in late August.  At that time I think we will commit.

On way home we stopped at D&W.  Bought coleslaw for dinner and Motrin to help with Nancy’s pain.

This and that:

Got a call from my Sister.  She has been facing some health problems.  However, being Helen she is shouldering on.  Will visit Grand Rapids later this month.

We called Missy after listening to her sad comments during her morning beach walk.  Missy’s Condo building is falling apart, she has no gas, the utilities are not up to code.  Looks like she faces a big assessment to bring everything up to code.  On top of the problems Missy learned this morning that her web site manager died in his sleep last night.  Not a good day.  But we said things will improve.  

Before my surgery I was given a cushioned toilet seat.  The new hip joint cannot tolerate a hard seat.  Now that my hip has healed I put on a new seat.  What I thought was a simple job proved to be difficult.  Hope with all the squatting and time on knees didn’t re-injury the muscles around the joint.  Stay tuned.

For dinner tonight we finished the rotisserie chicken.  Also had peas and coleslaw.

After the news we watched another episode of “New Tricks”.  “New Tricks” is our go to show for relaxing viewing.  

Bright full moon when checked Courtyard.  I even took a short walk.  My watch said it was sunset but had enough light to feel safe walking.


No comments: