Monday, March 8, 2021

March 7, 2021

 Sunday March 7, 2021

Blog time 1400 sitting in office

Up this morning at 0700.  It was cold, 12, but sunny.

 Nancy did not feel like attending in person church this morning.  Her stomach is still sour.

I drove to Panera and got me a coffee and bagel which I then had with the oatmeal I prepared this morning.  My microwaved oatmeal is better than Panera’s oatmeal.

Our YouTube connection for this mornings Trinity Lutheran’s streaming service was spotty.  We did get to see the Homily without interruption.

This morning we took another drive through rural Michigan.  We visited Allegan, Otsego, Plainwell, Martin, Moline, Cutlerville and several small farming communities.  Very pleasant drive.

Noted today that the Robins are back.  Also now that the snow is gone the Geese are returning to the grassy areas.

Quick lunch and then I decided to do a load of laundry.  I had several large items that needed special treatment.

Spent time in office finishing blog and reading the Detroit News. The News is now my go to paper for Michigan news.  Today’s GRP did not even have high school basketball scores from Friday.  The GRP is a disgrace.

Being Sunday I reserved time for an afternoon nap.  After the nap I took a 2 mile walk, my only exercise for the day.

China, Iran and Russia seem to be testing President Biden’s mettle.  I sure hope he responds.

Good Grief the Woke folks are attacking Elmer Fudd for hunting animals.  Dr Seuss, Huck Finn and now Elmer Fudd.  

It being Sunday night I had Nancy’s world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  Also sausage and Irish Soda bread.

Today MSU defeated UM in BB.  I am sure the MSU folks will let me know tomorrow.  I did not watch the game.

As mentioned yesterday Debbie has a new dog.  It is a Collie/Shepard mix.  She had Alessandra pick a name.  The dog’s name is now Violet.  Being a shelter dog it did not get much exercise.  Violet is exhausted after a 30 minute walk.

Missy FaceTimed this evening.  She is still having considerable foot pain.  Touching the toe causes extreme pain.  We are praying for her.  She and AJ leave for Turkey on St Pat’s Day.

Tonight we watched 60 Minutes.  Later we watched an episode of New Tricks on Prime.  Great show.

It was 36 when checked the front yard at 2200.  Tomorrow the temperature will reach mid 50s.

No comments: