Friday, March 12, 2021

March 11, 2021

 Thursday March 11, 2021

Blog time 1200 at Panera

Up this morning at 0700.  Checked outside and it was 57.  Moisture on walks but does not look like rain.  I will take bike today.

For the first time in a year Nancy is going for a swim at MVP.  She left at 0730 and hoped to get a lane.

The pulled muscle in my shoulder prevents me doing chin-ups, so  no calisthenics at home.  Breakfast and then biked to Y.  Wind speeds near 20 mph made biking west difficult.  However, it was great going east.

The Y was crowded.  I did my calisthenics, sans chin-ups, and a 0.6 mile walk.  Showered and then headed to Panera.

Ordered coffee and baguette before settling down to read and write blogs.  I must be in a rut because lately I have found little of interest in the papers.  

However, I do like reading about issues in other countries.  It gives me a perspective of how the USA is doing.  We get so much negative news it is nice to read that compared to other countries we are doing ok.

Nancy is having her Book Club meet at our house on Friday.  As soon as I got home we headed to Costco.  Nancy wanted to buy a prepared light lunch to serve.  Her first choice was Pin Wheel sandwiches but Costco did not prepare any today.  Nancy’s second choice was Quiche.   She purchased enough for Friday’s lunch.  

Because of the Coronavirus only four members will attend vs six normally.  Tomorrow’s lunch will include quiche, wine, a veggie tray and cookies for dessert.

After Costco we headed to Meijer’s.  Nancy bought fruit and I bought yogurt and Ensure.

Late lunch and then retired to my office.  Finished reading papers and cleaning out my in basket. 

 My old firm has generously included Bob and Nancy’s cell phones in their plan.  LSE/SCECO is switch cell phone service to Verizon.  I talked to the Verizon rep to see if our iPhones are compatible.  I think I will buy new iPhones.  Both of our phones have either age or capacity problems.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed pea soup.  This soup is from the Onion Crock.  Onion Crock was a very popular restaurant that unfortunately went out of business.  Fortunately they continued making their great soups for sale in markets.  In addition we had apple sauce, Irish Soda bread and coleslaw.

Tonight we continued watching New Tricks on Prime.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched another episode of Capitani.

The temperature was in the 30s when checked the front yard at 2200.  Morning temp will be below freezing but with sun.

Melissa FaceTimed us this evening.  She is busy getting ready for her Turkey trip.

 

No comments: