Tuesday, March 16, 2021

March 15, 2021

 Monday March 15, 2021

Blog time 1050 at Panera

Set the alarm before bed at 0630.  Nancy has a 0715 class at MVP.

This morning I did all my calisthenics at home.  No Y today. Breakfast and then I started on today’s project, getting the Escape fixed.

As I wrote in an earlier blog our Escape appears to have an electronic failure.  Our super duper electronic key and engine starter does not work.  We cannot get in the car.  Punched in the numerical code on the door and still the door would not open.

Called the emergency road assistance number provided by Frankenmuth Insurance.  The tow truck arrived within 30 minutes.

I explained to the tow truck driver that I could not unlock the car.  He took my super duper electronic key and found the compartment where a key is hidden.  I was embarrassed.  Maybe I should have read the manual.

Once the car was unlocked the gear shift could not be moved out of Park because no power.  The Truck Driver used his battery pack to give the car a quick charge.  He then put the car in neutral and loaded it on his tow truck.  

I rode with the tow truck to Fox Ford.  Explained my problem with the mechanic.  The car should be ready tomorrow.

Called Nancy and she picked me up and drove me to Panera. Got my morning coffee with a baguette and settled down for some reading.  I will walk home after my coffee.

This and that:

Today is the Ides of March.  Most of remember the phrase from Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.   On this date in 44 BC Julius Caesar was assassinated.

Several news outlets have reported that several States have many unreported COVID deaths

Pope says priests cannot bless same sex marriage.  I haven’t heard Woke comments yet.

Good grief two feet of snow in Denver.

Bloodlines on Acorn starts tonight.  It has been given a lot of positive press.  We will watch.

It was cold and windy on my walk home from Panera.  

Got a call from Fox Ford saying the only problem that they could find with the Escape was a dead battery.  They will install a new one and we can pick up after 1600.

Quick shower before lunch.  After lunch spent time reading.  Short nap and at 1600 Nancy drove me to Fox Ford.  I picked up the car.  Everything works fine.

For dinner tonight we had strawberries with Cheerios.  I also had sour dough toast.  For dessert had a small cupcake.

Watched the news before switching to Acorn and watching Bloodlines.  I like the show. It is set in Belfast, Ireland. It is a detective show set in current times.  A recent murder was a copycat of an unsolved 1998 murder.  1998 in Northern Ireland was a troubling time with the IRA fighting the Protestant establishment.  A new episode every Monday so stay tuned.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We gave positive reports.

Winter storm advisory was up when checked front yard at 2200. All I noted were several snow flakes.

No comments: