Tuesday, March 2, 2021

March 1, 2021

Monday March 1, 2021

Slept in until 0700.  The temperature was in low 20s with the sun just coming up.  Today the temperature will remain in the 20s.  

Nancy is meeting friends at Woodland Mall for a walk.  After the walk they always have coffee at Starbucks.  Nancy enjoys these get togethers.

I did my chin-ups and pull-ups before breakfast.  Oatmeal with banana was on today’s breakfast menu.

Today I decided to take my winter bike to the Y.  Put on heavy bike clothes and headed out.  The wind was brisk so wind chills were in teens.  I dressed properly.  Did not get cold.  Took a 4.5 mile route to Y.  

The Y was full this morning.  I did calisthenics and a short walk. Showered and then headed to Panera.

Unlike the Y, Panera was empty.  I ordered coffee and a baguette.  Followed my normal morning reading routine.

Found an interesting Nat Geographic article this morning.

In 1865 Union General Sherman confiscated 400,000 acres of Confederate farm land.  The land was to be distributed to former slaves.  Within 6 months black families got 40 acres.  Thus the phrase “40 acres and a mule”.  After President Lincoln was assassinated President Johnson reneged on the deal.  Another promise broken.

Ex President Trump gave his first talk yesterday at CPAC meeting.  Of course he said the election was stolen.  He promised he will defeat all GOP legislators who voted to impeach him.  Why does the GOP put up with this spiteful bully.  He should be expelled from the party.

Wind at my back so the bike ride home was pleasant.  First bike ride in weeks.  No sore muscles, in fact I think a bike ride is easier on my hips than walking.

Today I had my standard lunch.  After lunch I headed down to office.  The first thing I always do when enter office is to turn on my electric fireplace.  It warms up the office quickly.

I gathered my tax data and called Accountant.  I will meet with him tomorrow at 1100.

No nap today.  I finished the afternoon with a walk to the mailbox.

Before dinner Nancy FaceTimed AJ. AJ had just finished school so Nancy questioned her on lessons learned.  Nancy enjoys these visits with her granddaughters,  AJ and Alessandra.

It is Monday so we had our Cheerio dinner.  Watched some news before retiring to the den.  Tonight we watched an episode of New Tricks.  

This evening both Debbie and Melissa FaceTimed us.  We gave a positive report.

It was clear and cold when checked front yard at 2200.  Temperature will drop to teens this evening.

 

No comments: