Tuesday, March 23, 2021

March 22, 2021

 Monday March 22, 2021

Set alarm for 0630.  Nancy has a 0715 class at MVP.

I did all my morning calisthenics at home today.  Breakfast of oatmeal with banana.  The temperature was 42 when I left home this morning.  Blue sky and bright sun made the 7 mile ride to Panera pleasant.  

Panera was crowded this morning.  All the regulars are back.  It is now 1100 and the temperature is up to 58.  There is warmth in the sun.

This and that:

Spring must really be here.  I see a lot of runners in shorts and tees.  Walking is still the preferred exercise for the home bound.

Noted that a lot of parking lots are still empty.

Before coronavirus I would have a constant stream of school buses whiz by me on my weekday bike ride.  Today  I encountered no buses.  Sure hope school open full time soon.

AstraZeneca’s vaccine is approved.  The vaccine arsenal is getting bigger which is great.

March Madness is truly mad.  Oral Roberts and other low seeds are upsetting the brackets.  I overhear a lot of moaning.  UM plays tonight.

China’s mistreatment of their Uighur minority is a major problem for their foreign policy.  Most Democracies support a retaliation.

Good grief the kids in Miami Beach are sure winning no friends from us old folks.

Canadian Pacific RR is buying the Kansas City Southern RR.  This merger will create a major RR route between Mexico the US and Canada.  Good news.

At home I showered before having a light lunch.  After lunch Nancy and I drove to Breton Village.  Nancy visited Talbots and made several purchases.  I visited Orvis and Fitzgerald’s.  No purchases made.

On way home we made a quick stop at Meijer’s.  Well I thought it was a quick stop but we purchased $70+ of supplies.   Also filled the Escape.  Gas was about $2.70.

Talked with my sister, Helen, in Tucson this afternoon.  It was 68 in GR and 66 in Az.  Helen and Don are flying home to Gaylord on April 1.  The found a non-stop flight from AZ to Traverse City.

I spent time in office reading.  Got an email from our CPA asking several questions about our 2020 taxes.  I replied.

For dinner tonight we had our standard Cheerios with blueberries and pineapple.  

Watched the news and then switched to Acorn and watched episode 2 of Bloodlands.  It had several big surprises.

Missy has been sending us photos from Turkey.  Very interesting, especially photos of all the well feed feral cats.

Nancy headed to bed and I watched another episode of the cop show set in rural Germany, Capitani.

Noted a nearly full moon at 2200.  This month’s full moon will be called a worm moon.  In March with soil warming up worms will appear providing food for Robins.

The temperature was still in the 50s at 2200.  We will pay later.








No comments: