Sunday, February 7, 2021

February 6, 2021

 Saturday February 6, 2021

Blog time 1700 sitting in office

Up this morning at 0700.  I did some light calisthenics (50%) before shaving and showering.  

The temperature was 16 with wind chill near 0.  For the first time this week I drove the Fusion.  Drove to Panera and got coffee and a blueberry bagel.  Fixed oatmeal with a banana to go with the bagel and coffee.

Nancy started the laundry first thing.  About 0930 we took a break and drove to Woodland Mall.  We walked for two miles.  The Mall was crowded with walkers but not many shoppers.

At home Nancy continued the laundry and I started some errands.  First stop was the Chow Hound.  I bought a 35# bag of corn.  Next stop Ace Hardware.  I purchased a cast iron frying pan.  I wanted a heavy pan.  I will put the pan on top of our courtyard wall and fill with bird seed.  Presently I use a flat plastic dish and the squirrels keep pushing the light dish off the wall.  I hope the cast iron pan will be hard to move.

We had about two feet of snow on our deck.  I shoveled the snow off the deck and also cleaned snow off our Direct TV dish.

Spent time this morning reading the papers and email.  I also ordered a DNA test for Nancy.  I will tell her it is a Valentine gift.  Not very romantic is it!

An old neighbor from Alpena, Mike O’Donnell, recently passed.  In lieu of flowers Mike wanted a memorial sent to his Granddaughter’s school.  I complied.

For a lot of folks getting the coronavirus shot is their #1 priority.  Unfortunately these same folks are cutting in line.  They should have remembered what they learned in Kindergartner.

It appears that exPresident Trump has dropped off the radar.  His impeachment trial is coming up.  I sure hope it is very short.

Great to see Rep Cheney from Wyoming is keeping her leadership position in the GOP.  Peggy Noonan's Op-Ed in the WSJ also praised Rep Cheney.  

This evening we ordered pizza from JT's,  ham and pineapple.  Picked up the pizza at 1730.  The parking lot was full of folks picking up their order.

After dinner we headed to the Den.  Tonight we wanted to watch a Tom Hanks western on A+.  Found out it cost $9.99 so we switched to Netflix.  We watched an episode of Bridgerton.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  Everything is ok in GR we told them.

Still snowing and very cold when checked front yard at 2200.  I shoveled about 1inch off the walk.  Saw several tracks in the snow that I was not familiar with.  Possible raccoon?



No comments: