Wednesday, February 17, 2021

February 16, 2021

 Tuesday February 16, 2021

Blog time 1530 sitting in office

Out of bed at 0645 this morning.  Made a quick check of our front yard.  We received about 5” of new snow overnight but our walk and drive had already been cleared.  Most important I watched several cars drive up Tahoe Drive with no problems.  

At 0900 Nancy is meeting friends at Woodland Mall for a morning walk.  Of course after the walk they will sit and have a coffee at Starbucks.

I had a banana for breakfast and then after some chin-ups I dressed and headed to the Y.  I wanted to leave before Nancy so I could call her if the roads were bad.  The roads were ok.

The Y was not busy.  I did calisthenics, 20 minute ride on stationary bike and a mile walk.  Showered and then drove to Panera.  

At Panera I bought bagel and coffee.  I always start my morning session at Panera reading the Alpena News, followed by my email.

Lately during this cold spell I spent a lot of time keeping the bird feeders filled.  

Before lunch I spent some time shoveling snow off our deck.  The snow was about 24” deep.  Luckily it was light and fluffy. 

Called Well Fargos to get an explanation of some on line accounts.  The nice young lady walked me through the accounts and I found out they were Bob and Nancy’s IRA accounts.  The fog has cleared.  

Quick lunch today.  After lunch I spent about an hour clearing snow from around our mailbox.  The Road Commission plows had piled up a lot of snow around the mailbox.

For dinner tonight Nancy fixed me a bowl of her home made chili.  Also had a couple of dinner rolls and cottage cheese.

Missy FaceTimed us this afternoon.  She called from her store.  We also had a surprise FaceTime call from Granddaughter Alessandra.  We had a nice conversation.  

After watching the news we headed to the den.  Still cannot get on Prime so we watched an episode of Blood on Acorn.  Finished the evening watching Ted Lasso on A+.

The temperature was 2 when I checked outside at 2200.  Below zero temperature at sunrise.


No comments: