Saturday, February 13, 2021

February 12, 2021

 Friday February 12, 2021

Blog time 1430 sitting in office

Up with alarm at 0530.  Today I have my 2nd Coronavirus shot at 0730.  No exercises today.

Quickly dressed had a banana and then Nancy and I headed to the vaccination center.  Arrived at 0700 and sat in car until I was called.  Like Nancy’s experience yesterday I was in and out in 20 minutes.  We are very happy.

On way home we made a quick trip through Panera’s drive thru to get coffee and bagel.  Fixed oatmeal at home.

Happy Birthday Abe!  On this day in 1807 future President Abraham Lincoln was born.  I think Lincoln was our greatest President.  He saved the Union and granted freedom to Black Americans.  

Every elementary school child of my generation use to draw a silhouette of President Lincoln on black paper.  We would cut out the silhouette and paste is on a white sheet of construction paper.  The paper was posted on the room’s bulletin board.

I get so mad when the woke generation wants to rename a public building named after President Lincoln.  What are these idiots thinking.

Speaking of Silhouette I once had an Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan.  Great car.  I also had a Pontiac Aztec suv.  Both were great work cars.  Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles are not longer made.  

Nancy has book club today.  First time she has attended in months.  Only 4 folks showed up.  Nancy was the only one who was vaccinated.  She said they had a huge Valentine meal.  She was done eating for the day.  I was on my own. 

This and that:

Tomorrow I will have to buy more bird seed.  The cold weather has given them a voracious appetite.

With the summer Olympics coming up it is sad to see a large number of major colleges eliminating many Olympic sports.  Michigan State dropped swimming.  Stanford has dropped several Olympic sports. 

Hopefully the impeachment trial will end soon.

High School sports are back in full swing.  Absolutely great news.  I just wish the schools were back 100%.  Virtual learning is not the same as a classroom experience.

This afternoon I took a nap.  At 1600 I headed out in the Fusion to Culver’s.  I wanted a big frozen custard.  My sweet tooth needed to be sated.  Nancy accompanied me but did not partake.

During the pandemic, I am always putting  sanitizer on my hands.  The sanitizer dries my hands so I have to put lotion on.  End result my hands are so slippery I cannot grip anything.  I need gloves to hold onto a chin up bar.

Nancy’s friend Kathi gave her a can of special wine.  We opened the wine and took a photo of each of us toasting finally getting our shots.  We sent the photos to Kathi.

After watching the news, we retired to the den and watched an episode of a new series on Prime, New Tricks.  I liked the show.

Debbie and Missy FaceTimed this evening.  We told them Bob and Nancy now have all their shots.  

Temperature was in mid teens at 2200.  Our front yard is covered with deep snow.  It looks great.  I like our recent cold spell with snow.

No comments: