Thursday, February 11, 2021

February 10, 2021

 Wednesday February 10, 2021

Blog time 1600 sitting in office

Up with alarm at 0600.  Today I have Breakfast Club on Zoom.  The meeting starts at 0730.  Quickly did some easy calisthenics before breakfast.  

We had 15 members in attendance today.  Today’s speaker’s were from Gilda’s Club.  Gilda’s Club is a charitable organization that funds cancer programs and support groups.  It’s main fund raiser occurs every February and it is called Laugh Fest.  Many comedians have participated.  The Fest runs about 10 days and it is well attended.  Of course in 2020 the event was canceled just as it was getting underway because of the Coronavirus.  Great talk.

After BC I grabbed my backpack and walked to Panera.  Bought a coffee and two croissants.  Yes folks two croissants.  During the cold spell my appetite has increased as the temperature has dropped.   

Read the Alpena News, Apple News, emails and Detroit News before packing up and walking home.  Walking in 10 degrees is not uncomfortable if dressed properly.

At home I jumped in the Fusion and headed to Macatawa Bank. Needed money because Kim cleans tomorrow.  Stopped at Meijer’s for gas.  Gas was $2.54.

This being Wednesday I did the following chores trash, laundry, and filled bird feeders.  In cold weather we get a lot of birds at the feeders.

I also took a mile walk and found time for a nap.  Establishing a routine during our sheltering in place is not difficult.

We have been blessed during our cold spell with sunny days.  Reminds me when I was in 4th grade at McPhee School.  Steam radiators heated each room.   The school also had floor to ceiling windows.  I sat in the last row next to the windows.  I always wore long underwear and a shirt and sweater.  On sunny days the sun would beat down on my back.  Suddenly I heard a loud noise.  It was my head hitting the desk.  I fell asleep.  Of course my class mates would laugh.  Little Bobby Scott fell asleep in class.  Embarrassing!  I think I told this story last year.

For dinner I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a hot dog.  Good winter fare.

After the news we watched “The Sinner” on Netflix.  We have to watch another episode before commenting.

Nancy headed to bed and I stayed and watched an episode of Occupied.  I still don’t know who is the good guy.

Tonight we FaceTimed with Granddaughter Alessandra and Debbie and Missy.  Everything ok.

Single digit temp when checked front yard at 2200.  Cold weather will continue for another 9 days.

No comments: