Thursday, February 14, 2019

Wednesday February 13, 2019

Wednesday February 13, 2019

Blog time 1050 at Panera

Being the nice person she is Nancy took Ms P out at 0600.  Temperature was 24 but wind speeds were in 20s making it very unpleasant.  Our drive had been plowed but the winds were beginning to fill it back in.

Nancy left for MVP at 0800.  I stayed in bed until almost 0900.  I am feeling a little better today.  I will take it easy all day.

Today I drove to Panera for an oatmeal, banana, bagel and milk breakfast.  I have put myself on a coffee free diet.  I have substituted milk.

Read the news and checked emails.  More folks are getting their DNA done so nearly every day I get a message saying that I have a DNA match.  I check and most of the time the match is too far removed for me know.  I did get a match recently about a 2nd cousin match.  I am pursuing and think it might be a daughter of one of my Grandfather Hughes siblings.

The weather closed several school districts in the area.  Forest Hills Schools were closed meaning that our evening class at Trinity Lutheran is canceled.  Second meeting in a row.

Snowfall in the area is significantly above normal.  The ski resorts should be happy.

This and that:

Finally it looks like congress has gotten together and reached an agreement on funding.  Now hope POTUS will sign.  It would be stupid if he didn’t.

Have Dems lost all the good PR resulting from 2018 elections with recent anti-Semitic remarks, crisis in Virginia, and the stupid budget busting Green Plan.

Michigan snow plow drivers must be exhausted.  The snow keeps coming.  Their pay check may compensate for time away from families.  A lot of OT.

Every day I read the world news.  It gives some relief to know that other democracies especially in Europe have the same problems as the USA.

Electric blankets are a great invention. In college the fraternity I stayed in had a cold room.  The windows had been removed and the room was at outside temperature.  I slept in the cold room.  Before going to bed I put on a sweat suit and cap, turned on my electric blanket and slept like a log.  Some mornings we had to brush away the snow.  Guys who slept in the cold room had fewer colds.

Drove home and had a light lunch.  Nancy is working at the gardens this afternoon.  She does not expect to be busy.

After lunch I took out trash and did a load of laundry.  Turned on my electric blanket and took a long nap.

As soon as Nancy got home I fixed our apple snack.  Nancy said the Gardens had less than 50 folks today.

Took a shovel and dug three holes in the snow for a place to put corn.  Put out six ears.  The deer have not been coming until near midnight.

Light dinner and then watched the news and jeopardy before switching to Apple TV.  Watched a 90 minute episode of Hinterland.  Hinterland is filmed in Wales.  The area looks poor and gritty.  I can see why the Hughes ancestors moved to Ireland.

Nancy has been taking Ms P out.  She wants me to stay inside.  Thank you Nancy.











No comments: