Saturday, February 16, 2019

Friday February 15, 2019

Friday February 15, 2019

Blob time 1050 at Panera

It was cold and windy this morning.  Nancy took Ms P out at 0600 while I slept in.  I am feeling much better this morning but Nancy insists I take it easy.  No outside walking.  I have not reached my 30 minutes outside goal since Tuesday.

I did do some modified calisthenics before breakfast.  After breakfast I took Ms P to the beauty parlor.  She really needs a good trim and shampoo.  The Groomer said she will call me in about three hours.

I headed to Panera.  It has been blowing snow all morning.  I think for the first time in my 80 years I am really tired of winter.  It has been a winter of extremes.  Very cold weather followed by a warm stretch with freezing rain.  Record number of school closures and major power outages.  Enough!!

A Message just flashed across my screen saying POTUS will declare a National Emergency and build the wall.  How stupid is that!  A lot of stupid things happening like NY Pols saying Amazon pulling out of NYC was a good thing.  Will the Dems rising new star pol AOC implode?

Got a call about 1130 saying Ms P was ready.  The Groomer said she was great.  Groomer explained her procedure with older dogs.  I was impressed.  In fact I gave her a big tip.

Nancy was not home so I assumed she was having lunch with Mary Namey.  I was right.

Lunch and then I started getting clothes out that I want to take to CA.  Checked the weather forecast for LA next week.  Mild weather, rain possible on several days and high temps in the low 60s.  I will take it.

Nancy said she had a great lunch with Mary and Mary’s daughter in law, Mary.  Nancy also started getting clothes out.

I did take a short nap.  After prepared our apple snack and put our corn for deer.  The deer had stripped all the corn off the cob, not a kernel in sight.  They must be hungry.

Got a call from the Doctor’s office this afternoon.  The good news; no hip replacement needed.  The pain is caused by arthritis.  Doctor recommend I not overdue the walking and take Motrin when needed.  I can live with that.  I was worried that I might need a hip replacement.

For dinner tonight we headed to Shepard’s Grill.  We arrived a little after 1730 and got the last table.  Nancy had a bowl of soup and I had a hamburger.  Great burgers, I gave Shepard’s an A.  A nice neighborhood bar.

We watched the last episode of Hinterland before heading to bed.  No snow tonight but the cold will continue.






No comments: