Saturday, February 23, 2019

Friday February 22, 2019

Friday February 22, 2019

Blog time 0825 sitting in dining room at Homewood Suites

We still must be experiencing jet lag because we were up at 0530.  Morning chores and then headed down to breakfast.  Presently it is 46 and sunny. Temps might reach high 50s today.  I’ll take it.

Today we are going to lunch at Alessandra’s school.  The last Friday of every month the school has a lunch with family event.  Steve is joining us.

On this date in 1732 George Washington was born.  Our first President.  Neither Granddaughter knew of our first president’s birthday.  Failure of schools?

We left early and drove around Long Beach before arriving at Alessandra’s school at noon.  We sat in the school’s courtyard and had a nice lunch with Alessandra.  Steve brought sandwiches.  The event was well attended.  Both Nancy and I think the lunch is a great idea.

On way home we stopped at IKEA.  I like this store.  If I win the lottery I will outfit my cottage with IKEA furniture.  The several Finnish crime shows I watch on Netflix have all the homes look like an Ikea show room.  Also bought a frozen yogurt cone.

I took a short nap.  Missy called us at 1600 and said she would pick us up for dinner.  Great idea and I don’t have to drive.

We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant located on the waterfront in Marina Del Rey.  Nice setting.  The food portions were huge.  

Both Nancy and I were in bed by 2100.  I have thrown my diet out the window.  




No comments: