Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wednesday May 13, 2015

Wednesday May 13, 2015: written on May 14 Breakfast Club Wednesday so I am up at 0545. It was nice to drive to BC in bright sunshine. The Speaker today was the GR Museum Astronomy Guru. He talked about space and the recent tech advances used in exploring space. The talk was well received. After BC I stopped at Breton Village for coffee and a chance to read the WSJ. I also stopped at Jos Banks and bought a tux shirt and cummerbund. As soon as I got home I took Ms P on her walk. I took a short nap and then caught up on some reading. I finished with afternoon with a 2.5 mile walk. Nancy worked at the Gardens this afternoon. When she got home at 1630 we both got dressed. We are attending a Spring fundraiser at the Gardens. We picked up Nancy’s friend Kathi at 1745 and then headed to the Gardens. The place was crowded. First they had a silent auction. We bought several tickets for a bottle of wine in a paper bag. The wine was worth between $10 and $100. Tickets were $25 per bottle. You could be a big winner for loser. We had free drinks and a sit down dinner. The food was really good. After dinner they had a regular auction. One of the items was a 6 day African Safari. Nancy and I bid on this item. Each time they raised the bid I looked over at Nancy and she said ok. We had an upper limit. SURPRISE! SURPRISE! WE WON. NANCY AND BOB ARE GOING ON AN AFRICAN SAFARI! We got home at 2130 I checked the wine bottles and one bottle was worth $18 and the other $14. What a Day!

No comments: