Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday May 3, 2015

Weekend Update: We had just a beautiful weekend. Sunny and warm, it is now 1709 on Sunday and Nancy and I are sitting out on the deck drinking wine. The temp is 79. Perfect! Saturday morning and I now get up with the sun and the chirp of the birds. This morning I biked to Sundance Grill for their oatmeal breakfast. After breakfast I pedaled home and took Ms P on a walk. I then changed into my serious bike riding clothes. I loaded up the bike and headed to Millennium Park. First time this year. A sure sign of a nice day because the parking lot was full. I rode 18 miles. Millennium does not have the hills that Cascade Twp has so it was an easy ride. When I got home Nancy asked if I had felt any tremors. I said no. Our next door neighbor said she felt some shaking. Come to find out West MI had a 4.2 earth quake. Missy was on Facebook and all her GR friends were commenting on the earth quake. She called to see if we were all right. I told her neither Nancy or I had felt the quake. Good grief a 4.2 quake is an every day occurrence in CA. It was such a nice day that Nancy and I had an early dinner at Rose’s. We sat out on the deck and watched the boats on Reeds Lake. Debbie face timed us and we spent almost an hour catching up. I love face time. We watched a netflix show before turning in. Sunday May 3: Swim day for Bob and Nancy: The pool was not crowded this morning. We each had a lane. Nancy swam 25 laps and I did 20. Gas at Meijer’s today was $2.64. We made our weekly purchases at Meijer’s. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. After reading the funnies I took my Sunday nap. After I took Ms P on a nice walk and then went on a solo walk. I wanted to get my fitbit to go off. It did. Nancy is fixing hot dogs for dinner. This evening we will finish the GRP and watch 60 minutes. We usually watch Madame Secretary but I don’t like the show so maybe I will watch a netflix show on my iPad using my super duper head phones. On this date in 1938, Ossineke, Mi: My GGF Sanborn wrote that in the morning he drove to Alpena to deliver some chairs. He had lunch at Lorey’s. In the afternoon he hauled 110 bushels of leaves. I think he hauled the leaves to his garden. Reading today’s sports section of the GRP they reported on all the spring sports. When I was in high school I was on the tennis team. I really enjoyed playing tennis. In biology class one Monday in my sophomore year, after a weekend tournament in Midland, the girl who sat next to me said how cool my tan was. First time I knew girls liked guys with tans. I put that info in my girl file.

No comments: