Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday May 9, 2015

Saturday May 9, 2015 It rained most of the night. A nice gentle rain. Up at 0645 and today I did not want a big breakfast so I walked to Panera. The rain intensity increased on my walk. I got wet. I tried Panera’s oatmeal and it was not bad. Read the WSJ and then took the long route home. The gentle rain has brought out all the blossoms on the fruit trees in the condo complex. Folks in CA would envy our brilliant colors. I thought it had stopped raining when I got home so I took Ms P on her walk. The rain started again halfway through the walk. At home I got out of my wet clothes and showered. I ran several errands. Nancy and I are attending the Grand Opening of the Japanese Gardens. I need to wear a tux. My recent weight loss means that I can fit into my college Tux. The Tux is a one button tux. I stopped at Jos Banks and found I could buy a tux shirt and cummerbund for a reasonable price. Also my one button tux is ok. I did not buy the shirt because I wanted to check at JC Penney. At JCP it took forever to get a salesman. They have shirts but not my style. At Kohl’s I bought a pair of Lee jeans. I got home at 1400. After a quick lunch I headed downstairs to read my mail. It looks like it has stopped raining so I might walk around the block. Tonight we are having dinner at Russ’s. It is now 1605 and I will continue later. 2038: We had a nice dinner at Russ’s. It is great to be the youngest couple in a restaurant. Nancy had the chicken rice soup and hamburg. I had a hot turkey sandwich. Debbie called this evening on FaceTime. FaceTime is a great way to stay in contact with family members. Technology is great. Spring is in full bloom. The leaves are out and the temperatures have been warm. No electric blankets, socks or gloves: we sleep with the windows open. Spring is great.

No comments: