Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday May 22, 2015

Friday May 22, 2015 First day of the Memorial Day Weekend: Bright sun and chirping birds got me up at 0630. No Panera today so I did the at home stuff and then took a 16 mile bike ride. Despite the bright sun it was still in the cool 40s when I left. Layers are the answer to staying warm. Got home at 1030 and Kim was busy cleaning. I took a shower and then dressed. Nancy and I left at 1120 to pick up her friend Kathi. Kathi took us to lunch at the “Two Scott’s BBQ” on Leonard. We sat outside and ate our pulled pork sandwiches. The place was very crowded and the food was very good. Took Ms P on her daily walk. After a short nap Nancy and I headed to Home Depot looking for a gas grill. They did not have what Nancy wanted. We had a light dinner, hot dogs and watched the NBS news. I think Lester is doing a good job and should be given it permanently. We are now watching a netflix movie starring Tommy Lee Jones and Hillary Swank. It is a movie about life on the Nebraska plain. On this date in 1961 my Mother was sent a form letter from the Commanding Officer of U S Navy School, Officer Candidate, Newport RI. He told Mom what a great school I was attending and in 16 weeks they would transform me into a US Navy Ensign.

No comments: