Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday May 26, 2015

Tuesday May 26, 2015 The holiday weekend is over so it is up with the birds, no sun this morning. Swim day for both Bob and Nancy. Nancy left at 0700. I stayed and did the calisthenics. Calisthenics are always easier after a three day layoff. Had breakfast and then rode the bike to Panera. Usually on swim days I only have an hour to read the WSJ. Today I had an extra 15 minutes and I was able to read all I wanted. It was warm, 73, and very humid when I headed out to MVP. It looked like it would rain any minute. However, no rain was encountered. I had a major senior moment when I got to MVP. I had my swim goggles but no swim suit. I have never does this before. I got dressed and took a long bike ride,16 miles. When I got home it looked like rain would come soon. I took Ms P on her 1.5 miles walk. I had a quick lunch and then ran errands. Today was the first time in a week that I used the Cobalt. Maybe that is why it only has 23,000 miles in six years of driving. First stop was ACE Hardware to buy a new bulb for a recessed light. The bulb is a long neck flood. They cost $12. Next I stopped at Meijer’s to turn in a winning lottery ticket and buy a new harness for Ms P. Last stop was Woodland Mall. I bought underwear at Macy’s and a small keyboard for my mini iPad at the Apple store. I encountered heavy rain on the way home. Severe storm warnings are up all over West MI. Nancy is fixing a turkey roast for dinner. Originally she was going to cook it on our new grill but the rain moved us inside. We are also having asparagus and a sweet potato. The regular TV season is over so it looks like a netflix evening. We did get a paper edition of the GRP but except for the funnies the paper is third class. On this date in 1927 my Grandmother Hughes arrived in Nice, France. She also visited Monte Carlo. I just goggled the distance between Nice and Monte Carlo. It is 20.6 km. Goggle is great.

No comments: